Sunday, March 2, 2014

God gives us choice but knows our choice? Of course.

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't posted in so long, but I recently was inspired and therefore will be able to have some more posts. I hope you can learn, grow, or maybe even think slightly differently about something! So, here you go.

I don't know if anyone in your life has ever said something about how "it makes no sense that God could give you choice but know what you choose before you choose it." Well, a LOT of people in my life have told me that; therefore, I thought about it. To me, it makes perfect sense. Okay, obviously you don't know me, so I'm going to tell you a little something about myself so this will make sense. I am in high school and have a 4.0 and am extremely focused on maintaining high grades (Note: I do not recommend having as much heart in grade as I do). Okay, so that quick briefing on a side of me will make this example work. Say you are my teacher, and I turn in an essay. You tell me that you aren't going to read it and I get to choose my grade: A or B. Now, you have given me a choice, but you know that I will choose the A. (So maybe you didn't need to know about me for that, but I figured it would help). Are you as smart as God? Of course not! None of us are. BUT, you still were able to know what I would choose. Also, do you know me as well as God does? Absolutely not! You don't even know my name. Now think about it. If you could figure out what I would choose before I chose it with human intelligence and not knowing me, imagine how well God would be able to know what I would choose.

So if someone ever tells you that it doesn't make sense for God to give you a choice but still know what you would choose, maybe give them this example. It is simple really and hopefully will help someone you know, or even you, with his or her relationship with God.

You are Beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree. I always think that giving an example helps people understand, especially when it comes to God who, of course, can sometimes be hard to understand. Glad you got to share a little bit about yourself, by the way :)

    Keep blogging! I'm sure God is so proud of you.

    God bless and hope you can check out my blog again!

    www.sowhatimachristianteen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete